Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Renewing my artistic spirit

After close to 8 long years of teaching art, i realise that i have not been making much art these days.

Don't get me wrong.

I love art and i love teaching art but after a long day of colour pencils and paints, the last thing i want to do at home is more colour pencils and paints.

And so... i decided to reignite that crrative passion by trying out a new medium.

I bought a new book from my fav "art instructor", Lee Hammond and a box of crayola crayons... yes, crayons. It all boils down to my life long pursuit of using cheap art materials to create artist standard artworks.

So can i use crayons, often regarded as a child's art supplies to play around with, to re-create my realistic prisma colour pencils drawings? 

Hmmm....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ahhh... Nice (Y) Love the colours! My lecturer sometimes uses natural objects like tree branch to draw. He dips it in ink and draw. Can try that too.

Post a Comment